Dear Google User,
We are writing to let you know that we recently announced new storage policies for Google Accounts using Gmail<www.google.com/appserve/mkt/p/AD-FnEyNJYwyKHfy66AIKP_iS4gXvFMU-rN0uOOCUmLCsc2kIIGFjvG48xxVMly6cryTaRNGW1n6IqABVy2qZ47mGhMYRI0_qPXn-5jFECZ5IuSnWgtP>, Google Drive<www.google.com/appserve/mkt/p/AD-FnExArRVcwuFa5N1L9GGQkX985U6YmTQgMVdr34mxdUq2rWpX5bNVO22gwHrdwJWb4Oe77OY_f4rk8SQP23QZQ9wWnY42yfZholQ0vx4nlRqj9dBsg8zp> (including Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, Drawings, Forms, and Jamboard files) and/or Google Photos<www.google.com/appserve/mkt/p/AD-FnExD8BHtm39vb2gjHSw37GN1r86Flvrz4R_HqMR8IlV3lZN-uk6QoTAkMo6HxTH5KLozIZE40FELZA7il2IQ6C94sUjbdkTgXcOJRt6RKeYzcfpUn_QXFO7EJQ> that bring us in line with industry practices. Since you have previously used one or more of these products in your Google Account storage<www.google.com/appserve/mkt/p/AD-FnEyip23sqodkAeGnxonfJKNVvS7jLgG5-PRqwz4mTNBeEXZUWPAjdmbQZQHIbDTiYvFK5sF24jJViLdZ7Kw2hgiQT5R-ZR7mCe6NWD_o0Oatt2pa7JgVd6rwOmytD6_fay14sYqn6ZyuqjgCMTeGzwZyFvFykUJTJwm…>, we wanted to tell you about the new policies well before they go into effect on June 1, 2021. Below is a summary of the new policies. Please reference our Help Center article<www.google.com/appserve/mkt/p/AD-FnEwfEONAomTGkxzUPtEOO6qDMrRsgfPEtzkaUpmp5GWBCX5gUYKmdB37Xn96p90zXukQGYGFq7fxw_FDw4pIThS7IMJfuGqcuurkSNXWXYOVF1AzdLEKWRuBk_EA0QeIffAnNXWejdRP9uxG> for a complete list of what’s changing.
Summary of the new policies (effective June 1, 2021):
– If you’re inactive<www.google.com/appserve/mkt/p/AD-FnEyMMioiKxZrkT3dhZNBg2Ljpap7IG6DzQKgFh0Cj7AQbybQ0ieEILJe8HMOZ5sbGL1KYscHyGhsF8PNQ0Np-uBnCkkM691P5Edkq-KLt5S-f48IouUpVB05JEMRnm0tZun8B1CNQm85rA> for 2 years (24 months) in Gmail, Drive or Photos, we may delete the content in the product(s) in which you’re inactive. Google One<www.google.com/appserve/mkt/p/AD-FnEzzpea6QjaSl5w-mY38ycSS0opxR7ZpuXhBf7kkBmR_i1mOLIgQYHmpOBrQPAO1lvfEOBZLN2L1eMchsoqMxiJCxbUdp6kipF-cSEVjv9qbs38wAw2GDdv4S7nXtYjKgKmxPefJtTU7Kd2vUqTOrciRs__nMg> members who are within their storage quota and in good-standing<www.google.com/appserve/mkt/p/AD-FnEw6b588WZYLdY0mbsRyOQne7O48rvB3msTg1Z43ED98IeI82BAhUP_Hz-OAJhjICl4FRmVsBi24GrE5ProtavVauM8brjdisw4BpwO9y3ZNMOO5CdLCw5A1LeboVq4vDBx2cbk> will not be impacted by this new inactive policy.
– If you exceed your storage limit for 2 years, we may delete your content across Gmail, Drive and Photos.
What this means for you:
– You won’t be impacted by these changes unless you’ve been inactive or over your storage limit for 2 years. As this policy goes into effect June 1, 2021, the earliest it would be enforced is June 1, 2023.
– After June 1, 2021, if you are either inactive or over your storage limit, we will send you email reminders and notifications in advance and prior to deleting any content.
– Even if you are either inactive or over your storage limit for one or more of these services and content is deleted, you will still be able to sign in.
– Note: The inactivity and over quota storage policies will apply only to consumer users of Google services. Google Workspace, G Suite for Education and G Suite for Nonprofits policies are not changing at this time, and admins should look to the Admin Help center<www.google.com/appserve/mkt/p/AD-FnExnrsC5fmzUnJL20Bd7arhjo4e9_78TeBDOjcdeYUKmAWUBV64LtQEeS3cS5JgnHTgqzOmpHwEFOnN2-qF_CcqN8eLUJrbAtg0KvsLg-2e_Pte1sGNcFSSfW6JuZyQ> for storage policies related to their subscriptions.
Learn more about how to keep your account active
– To learn more about how to remain active with these products, visit this Help Center page<www.google.com/appserve/mkt/p/AD-FnEyeTKOqMPNrjKZZLZAToa8f1Sp4yiT9pLGkf79RE6ieLPUb58wWqnHxhHQB8wzF4rtBRTmqFtQljWzF4ZopmrD6Xba48MF7Ukpizf4Y7JrROzxEt_KOIQF5bw43-xCIuRSS_hJSWWd9DD36UF9R-KP9>.
– The Inactive Account Manager<www.google.com/appserve/mkt/p/AD-FnEzSOpc91cpRuUIWwPfdEwPTKRtdD-Qnsi0Jj6qwHq57NMvTv0rrj2f8E0F5mGH-OIDtcOw6-Kaq2mK0rBa0LDRkH5Qyt-3PNwzBIlE_tlIbDmwhtW3jW9fVTwr_64Z0onl5G_nfnw> can help you manage specific content and notify a trusted contact if you stop using your Google Account for a certain period of time (between 3-18 months). Note: the new 2 year inactive policy will apply regardless of your Inactive Account Manager settings. You can learn more about these changes and ways to manage your or a loved one’s account in our Help Center<www.google.com/appserve/mkt/p/AD-FnEzMROJJ5ez-YqucTQ6C-dAMeSWdlMPvAi2xJHcpUw9hXlxS2mJsmCUNmT8IXvL6Wjdqj0nIcKwBtmHNSlItRCfdO82Hlp2xcy7gY9bMJanD14-4pZ2qImfWtRuSmW-FtYZQag>.
Learn how to manage your storage
– Learn more about the over quota policy<www.google.com/appserve/mkt/p/AD-FnEwWZx2Y0N0STxTC2Cc-4jJYqY460Za2rDdziZNLJdAKdLemnCttsES-4GFlBV-eE9FP9ynVGQH551pbM7aWAfHhmwaC4aNNGukgJivFKSns4rxQBFn5ns6cgCcsd9xnbYpG-KKXOXT3C4b4NZ0G2vzou04> and what counts against storage quota<www.google.com/appserve/mkt/p/AD-FnEws0oTi-WayBK3go__cxVjnGROtV-miMbHNUC4GiGDwbhcftM1xCZKV67ss6h-JDpmAVROjlZR7vaBIrpyuZGpmJzin4tJD79X91t_JxyivGAbMbgH6NcyHNwEFsT_O8PtsphD9-MEA7y6ROw>.
– You can use the free storage manager in the Google One app<www.google.com/appserve/mkt/p/AD-FnExMoozGoafpcnLkZYKssRzLmKzxYYWhTlMmDm9K64KRKKcMe7_ieZiDDO5pwg4Vf7WB5Z258vkyjF5QKp286yaUkHZgu9okBpBmF2Gqy_F6kDVNpQN6LNpavGybcmMl9e0mCvZTfWFhYBqlDJ_ZIZMIH3EabxKGhRo…> and on the web<www.google.com/appserve/mkt/p/AD-FnEwOmasMl7uhDJQr7mdoMsUAFV96Jly6-AF6N1nCFHXKPPe2Lf9-s-netGkMp2keddY0ur4AujzIsWReul5yTZoas9F-XPoFy5GsKCMSixaX0qC9U41VDNOrJaijcGdbXjWs1MndjID4tNvQasxhbDTaDxl5k3uz-6g…> to see how you’re using your Google Account storage, and free up space across Gmail, Google Drive, and Google Photos.
Thank you for using our services. Your Google Team
© 2020 Google Ireland Ltd, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland.
You have received this mandatory email announcement to update you about important information related to your Google Account.
Dear Google User,